MCSA: SQL 2016 (Administration)
The massive growth in data collection of businesses and also the increased need for database security measures pave the way for demand of database administrators. Modern businesses look for database administration sources and professionals for driving critical business decisions.
The Microsoft MCSA covers all of those necessary skills required to administer and provide an SQL database within a business environment.
MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification will qualify you as an infrastructure specialist or database administrator. You have to pass required exams of Exam 70-764/Course 20764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure.
This course aims to nurture the skills of database professionals who can perform installation, maintenance, and configuration tasks. The additional responsibilities include setting up database systems, ensuring optimal system efficiency, and regularly storing of data and back up, and securing data from unauthorized access.
Exam 70-765/Course 20765: Provisioning SQL Databases
This exam is best fit for architects, infrastructure specialists, senior developers, and development leads.
Candidates with working knowledge on various cloud service models and service model architectures, data synchronization techniques and data storage options. Candidates with knowledge on upgrading and migrating databases, deployment models and services and applications, and integrating Azure applications with external resources are well suited for the course.
Prerequisites: With a professional experience, students who wish to attend this training should have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge on Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Transact-SQL working knowledge
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge on database design.
What Will I Learn?
- Authenticating and authorizing users
- Managing alerts and notifications
- Recovery models and backup strategies expertise
- Backup and restore SQL Server databases
- Database management automation
- Troubleshoot and monitor SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
- Data protection with encryption and auditing
- Configuring security for SQL Server agent
- Assigning server and database roles
- Authorization of users to access resources
- Manage SQL Server using PowerShell